A complete and useful guide to setup Garmin BaseCamp
To access the Garmin BaseCamp application for planning your next trip, it is essential that you must complete the setup of it. The users don’t have to make much effort for the deployment of this application as the process of setup is very simple. The two main steps that you have to perform for the setup of this application are discussed below, follow it closely.
Step 1. Download the setup file from Garmin’s official website
To start with the downloading process, get ready with a computing device, and ensure it is attached to a very strong network connection. Visit the web page of Garmin BaseCamp by invading the web address i.e garmin.com/basecamp in the URL bar accurately. Following this, scroll down the page and read the system specifications of the application carefully. Next, depending upon the operating system, Windows users click on the Download Now tab below the Windows Requirements segment. Whereas Mac users are supposed to tap on the Download Now tab positioned below the Mac Requirements. As soon as you tap on the downloading tab as per your operating device, it will commence the downloading procedure.
Step 2. Install the setup file of Garmin BaseCamp
- To start off with the installation of Garmin BaseCamp, the users have to access the location where they have saved the online downloaded setup file of this application. To trace the setup file visit the downloads section on your device just by pressing the Ctrl and J keys altogether from your keyboard.
- When you get the setup file, you are supposed to double-tap on the online downloaded .pkg file.
- It will present you with the welcome screen, from where you have to choose the Next or Continue tab as per the option available on your device.
- Apparently, you will get a Garmin’s End User License Agreement right in front of your computer screen. Read each and every point subscribed to the agreement and grant the permission that you agree to all the terms and conditions mentioned to carry on with the procedure.
- Apart from this, the users who are using the Mac desktop are prompted to change the location. The users can opt for any of the installation locations as per their convenience and usability. In the middle of the process, the Mac users will be asked to insert the Mac administrative Credentials.
- Furthermore, it will start the process of installation of Garmin BaseCamp. The users have to wait patiently until the process gets over.
- Finally, you will be notified of the confirmation message once the installation gets completed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How can I resolve the error message displayed LoadLibrary Failed With Error 1114 while opening the Garmin BaseCamp application?
Ans. This Error appears while accessing the Garmin BaseCamp application when the graphic settings on your computing device are not set in accordance to run the application in the 3D mode. To dissolve this error completely you have provided with the following resolutions.
Run the application in 2D mode
- In the very first step, you first have to right-click on the blank area on the desktop.
- Following this, you have to select the New tab.
- Just after this, you have to click on the Shortcut option.
- The next thing you have to do is to write any of the following paths within the text fields accurately.
- Users that are using Windows device of 64 bit have to type in “C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\BaseCamp\BaseCamp.exe” /Disable3D.
- Whereas, Windows users of 32 bit have to type in “C:\Program Files\Garmin\BaseCamp\BaseCamp.exe” /Disable3D.
- Instantly after this, the users are supposed to tap on the Next button.
- Next, if you wish you can also change the BaseCamp.exe to BaseCamp 2D. This is an optional step, you can also skip if you want.
- In the end, tap on the Finish button.
Change the graphic settings
- To change the graphic settings, firstly ensure that the graphics drivers installed into the device are up to date.
- Soon after this, launch the Catalyst Control Centre. To do so, you first have to tap on the Start option and type in Catalyst Control Centre and choose the option of the Catalyst Control Centre.
- Tap on the Power button.
- Carry on with the procedure, you are supposed to place your cursor and hit the Switchable Graphics.
- Now, beneath the option of Other Applications, you are supposed to choose the Browse option.
- You are required to browse on any one of the below-given locations as per the operating system you are currently using.
- For 64 bit Windows desktop, browse for the file name “C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\BaseCamp\BaseCamp.exe”.
- On the other hand, for the 32 bit Windows desktop, you are supposed to browse for the file “ “C:\Program Files\Garmin\BaseCamp\BaseCamp.exe”.
- Just after this, you have to click on the setup file of BaseCamp.exe twice to open on your screen.
- Following this, you must have to pick the Not assigned and from there select the High Performance.
- At last, you have to drag your cursor and tap on the Apply button that is located at the bottom of the page.
Q2. Why data backup is required in the Garmin BaseCamp application and how you can backup user data from a device?
Ans. it is recommended to keep a backup of the user data from a Garmin device before upgrading the application so that the important information must not be removed from the device.
- To backup user data from a device, you first have to attach the device with your computer. You can do so by using the USB cable that you get along with the product.
- Now, open the Basecamp application on your device.
- After this, you are supposed to right-click on the folder name Internal Storage below the device.
- Thereafter, you have to opt for the Copy button.
- Following this, right-click on the My Collection option.
- Next, you have to opt for the Paste option and the users are recommended to wait patiently until the data is transferring to the device.
- The next thing you have to do is to right-click the Internal Storage folder.
- Lastly, tap on the eject button to remove the Garmin device.